For cPanel & WHM 11.48
(Home >> Account Functions >> Create a New Account)
The Create a New Account interface allows you to create new cPanel accounts.
Your interface may differ slightly from what is documented in the sections below. Some WHM users may not have access to certain features or options, based on their account type and how the account is configured. If you require access to a feature or option listed here, contact your system administrator to request access to the feature.
- For each new account, you must choose a username of eight characters or less, or 16 characters or less if database prefixes are disabled. (MySQL imposes this limitation, since each cPanel user is also a MySQL user.) For more information about database usernames, visit our Tweak Settings - SQL documentation (Home >> Server Configuration >> Tweak Settings).
- If you set a server in a DNS cluster to the write-only role, WHM will not check whether a DNS zone exists before you create an account. Because of this, it is possible to create the same domain name on two or more of these servers. If this occurs, the servers will compete for updates to that domain.
Create a new account
The Create a New Account interface contains the following sections:
- Domain Information — This section defines basic settings for a user’s account.
- Package — This section of the interface allows you to assign a package to a new account.
- Settings — This section defines additional settings for a user's account. You will need to know the requirements of the account before you continue.
- Package Extensions — This section allows you to modify settings for package extensions when you select options manually.
- Reseller Settings — Resellers sell cPanel accounts that can also be hosted on your server. The accounts created by the reseller are owned by the reseller. The reseller modifies these accounts in his or her own WHM interface.
- DNS Settings — These settings allow you to enable DKIM and/or SPF records as well as configure which nameservers will be used for the new account’s domain.
- Mail Routing Settings — These settings allow you to specify how mail should be routed for the new account.
- — This document explains how to access the cPanel, WHM, and webmail services. After you create an account, direct new users and resellers to this document.
- How To Create A WHM Reseller Without An Associated Domain — This document explains how to create a reseller account in WHM that is not associated with a cPanel account.