For cPanel & WHM 11.44
Hosting providers often prefer to maintain a homogenous environment of software and applications, which includes the deployed version of cPanel & WHM. Use a specific update tier (such as STABLE, RELEASE, or CURRENT) is generally sufficient to ensure a consistent environment across many servers.
In some circumstances, providers would prefer not to rely upon cPanel's tiered release system to dictate the installed version of cPanel & WHM. Additionally, providers who require a specific version of cPanel & WHM need an assured method of deploying new installations of cPanel & WHM, even when that version is no longer the current production release.
The purpose of Long-Term Support
We actively develop cPanel & WHM, and release new builds frequently. Traditionally, more conservative users have elected to completely disable software updates in order to maintain control over their deployments of cPanel & WHM. The Long-Term Support (LTS) initiative provides an alternative to disabling updates, and will help ensure that cPanel & WHM servers receive important updates and fixes.
cPanel & WHM 11.34 includes changes to Long-Term SupportThe 11.34 release of cPanel & WHM introduces changes to the Long-Term Support initiative.
- As of cPanel & WHM version 11.34, the lifespan of a release will be 12 months from the initial publication of the production version.(1) The LTS period may be extended at the discretion of cPanel, Inc.
- Previous release lifespans will not change; cPanel & WHM 11.30 and 11.32 will retain their 18-month lifespan.
- The LTS versions will be available as upgrades from previous cPanel & WHM versions, as well as new cPanel & WHM installations.
Over the lifespan of an LTS release, we will provide security and other critical updates.
LTS releases will not receive new features unless deemed critical to a release's viability, or to ensure compatibility with later versions of cPanel & WHM.
cPanel & WHM provides various third-party applications (for example, MySQL and Roundcube).
These third-party applications will continue to receive critical and security-related updates when they are installed with an LTS version of cPanel & WHM. However, fixes may occur in the form of back-ported patches, rather than upgrades to the latest version of the application.
EasyApache has a separate development and release schedule from cPanel & WHM.
EasyApache updates are available for an LTS release until the LTS release reaches End of Life (EOL). If the currently installed version of cPanel & WHM does not meet the requirements of a new EasyApache function or feature, the new function or feature will not be available.
When an LTS release reaches End of Life, the functionality of EasyApache will change in the following ways:
- Your server will no longer receive EasyApache updates, which include Apache and security patches.
- You will no longer be able to update or change components within EasyApache.
- You will only be able to rebuild the last successful profile.
Site Software (cPAddons)
Site Software will continue to receive updated applications throughout the lifespan of an LTS release.
WHM Plugins will continue to receive updated applications throughout the lifespan of an LTS release.
Schedule for Long-Term Support Releases of cPanel & WHM
|cPanel & WHM Version||Approximate Release Date||Anticipated End of Life*|
|11.34*||October 2012||October 2013|
|11.36*||January 2013||January 2014|
|11.38||April 2013||April 2014|
|11.42||January 2014||January 2015|
|11.44||June 2014||June 2015|
* cPanel & WHM releases that have reached End of Life:
- Are unavailable for installation
- Will no longer receive fixes or patches from cPanel, Inc.
- Documentation will be archived
(1) Development releases of cPanel & WHM do not qualify for LTS. We do not consider their publication dates when we calculate an LTS version's lifespan.