For cPanel & WHM 11.40
This documentation describes the WHM interface and how you can use it to manage your server.
- How to Log in to Your Server or Account — This document details how to log in to cPanel, WHM, and Webmail.
- Keyboard Shortcuts in WHM — This document details the keyboard navigation in WHM. The shortcuts help users navigate the left menu with their keyboard.
WHM Home interface
The WHM Home interface contains most of the features that server owners use regularly.
- cPanel & WHM Glossary — This document reviews a number of essential terms used in the WHM documentation.
Additional WHM interfaces
These documents describe additional WHM interfaces.
- Initial Setup Wizard — This document describes the steps in the Initial Setup wizard, which runs the first time you access WHM.
- WHM News — The News link at the top of the WHM screen provides up-to-date information about your server.
- Change Log — This document provides information about the Change Log link provided at the top of the WHM interface. This feature tracks and lists changes in our software.
Files, directories, and processes
- Third-Party Software — This document provides a list of third-party software that cPanel & WHM includes and manages.
- WHM Scripts — This document provides a brief lists of scripts that are available to you in the
/usr/local/cpanel/scriptsdirectory when cPanel and WHM is installed.
- — WHM allows you to specify the maximum number of emails that a particular domain can send per hour.
- /scripts/pkgacct — Package a cPanel account — You can use the
pkgacctscript to create a
cpmovearchive for a specified account.
- /scripts/restorepkg — Restore a cPanel account — You can use the
restorepkgscript to restore a backup archive for a specified account.
- Backup Tarball Contents — This document provides information about the structure and contents of the backup tarball file.
- The failurls File — The
failurlsfile, located at
/var/cpanel/failurls, is a list of locations where resellers can redirect users who fail to authenticate with cPanel through custom login forms.
- The Task Queue System in cPanel & WHM — This document details cPanel & WHM's task queue system.
- The cpanelsync.exclude File — This document details how to add files to the
- The rpm.versions System — This documentation explains the rpm.versions system in cPanel & WHM.
- The cPanel & WHM Update Configuration File — /etc/cpupdate.conf — Each line of the
/etc/cpupdate.conffile specifies how cPanel & WHM updates a certain aspect of the system.
- The splitlogs Binary — The
/usr/local/cpanel/bin/splitlogsutility allows you to fine-tune your resource and performance trade-offs when creating Apache logs.
- The cpipv6 Script — You can use the
/etc/init.d/cpipv6script to disable, enable, or list IPv6 addresses. This script functions similarly to the
/etc/init.d/ipaliasesservice, which disables, enables, and lists IPv4 addresses.
- The swapip Utility — The
swapiputility allows you to specify parameters from the command line in order to update nameserver records.