Download a Full Web Site Backup
Click Download a Full Web Site Backup to create, download, or store a full backup file. A full backup file includes your
/home directory, databases, email forwarders, and filters.
Generate a Full Backup
To create a new full backup, perform the following steps:
- Select a storage option from the Backup Destination menu:
- Home Directory — Select this option to save the backup file on the server.
- Remote FTP Server — Select this option to use FTP to store the backup file on a remote server.
- Remote FTP Server (Passive Mode Transfer) — Select this option to use passive FTP to store the backup file on a remote server.
- SCP — Select this option to use secure copy protocol (SCP) to store the backup file on a remote server.
- Select a notification option:
- To receive a notification when the backup finishes, enter your email address in the available text box.
- If you do not wish to receive a notification, select Do not send email notification of backup completion.
- If you selected Remote FTP Server, Remote FTP Server (Passive Mode Transfer), or SCP from the Backup Destination menu, enter the remote destination's information in the available text boxes.
- Click Generate Backup.
To download an existing full backup file to your computer, select the desired backup file's filename from the Account Backups menu.
The backup file's creation date appears in the filename, which begins with
Partial backup files store individual sections of your account.
Download a partial backup
To download your entire
/home directory, your SQL databases, or your email forwarders and filters, click the desired items. This method downloads the backup as a
.gz file to your computer.
The Email Filters backup files only store the domain account-level email filters from the
Restore a partial backup
To use a partial backup to restore a portion of your website, perform the following steps:
- Click Choose File under the appropriate heading.
- For example, to restore a MySQL® database, click Choose File under the Restore a MySQL Database heading.
- Select the backup file from your computer.
- Click Upload to restore that portion of your website.
The System Backups section of this interface only appears if your hosting provider has enabled system backups.
Use this section of the interface to download a compressed copy of your website’s files. You may select the most recent monthly, weekly, or daily backup.