The Profile stage
When you open the EasyApache 3 interface, EasyApache checks for available updates and displays the Profile stage.
In the Profile stage, select the profile that you wish use as a template to build your EasyApache profile. You can choose a pre-existing profile, or you can build a custom profile from a pre-existing profile.
To initiate the EasyApache build process directly from the Profile stage, select the profile that you wish to use and click Build Profile.
If you experience issues with your EasyApache build, select the Basic profile. For more information, click the Show Info link under the Basic profile.
To remove the CloudLinux™ promotions, select the Remove the Upgrade to CloudLinux banner from the EasyApache interface checkbox in the Preferences section of the Exhaustive Options List stage.
For more information about the Profile stage, read our EasyApache Profile Stage documentation.
For more information about the help options available in the Profile stage, read our EasyApache Help documentation.
The configuration stages
The following table describes the configuration stages of WHM's EasyApache 3 interface. The EasyApache command line interface script (
/scripts/easyapache) follows the same stages.
Select the version of Apache that you wish to use.
Select the version of PHP that you wish to use.
|Short Options List and Exhaustive Options List|
These two stages of the the EasyApache 3 interface allow you to select the modules that you wish to use.
The build process
After you initiate the build process, EasyApache requires two confirmations to ensure that you are ready to begin the build process.
- Click OK to continue the build.
- If you click Cancel, EasyApache will not build and install the profile that you created.
- To acknowledge that the termination of the build process results in the loss of data, click I Understand.
- The build process requires several minutes to complete.
- At any point in the build process, you can use the following four links at the top of the interface:
- Profile details — Open a small window that displays the profile's active Apache and PHP versions. To view the Apache documentation for any of the listed features, click More Info next to your selection.
- Raw profile — Open a small window that displays the profile in plain text.
- Download profile — Download a copy of the EasyApache profile in plain text. Use this option if you wish to install the same EasyApache profiles across a number of servers without the need to configure each one individually.
- About Profiles — Open a small window that contains general information about EasyApache profiles, which includes where the profiles reside and the information they contain.
- WHM displays information about the EasyApache process while EasyApache builds your new configuration.
- Click Show More Build Details to enlarge the build process window.
Click Disable Auto Scroll to prevent the text box's ability to automatically scroll along with the build information.
Note title Note:
You cannot reenable autoscroll after you disable it.
- After the build completes, you must configure suEXEC and PHP. For details about these options, read our Configure PHP and suEXEC documentation.
- Click Save New Configuration.
- WHM displays your new PHP and suEXEC configuration. You can close the Configure Suexec and PHP window.
- To edit the PHP and suEXEC configuration at any point, access the PHP and SuExec Configuration option from WHM’s Apache Configuration interface (Home >> Service Configuration >> Apache Configuration).
- The server automatically saves your custom profile.
After the build is complete, the Download Log link downloads a detailed, plain text log of the build process.