- The Reset Password feature for Subaccounts requires cPanel & WHM version 56 or later.
- To use this feature, you must enable the Reset Password for Subaccounts option in the System section of WHM's Tweak Settings interface (WHM >> Home >> Server Configuration >> Tweak Settings). If you cannot access the WHM interface, contact your hosting provider for assistance.
- To use this feature, you must enter an email address in the Contact Email Address text box in cPanel's User Manager interface (cPanel >> Home >> Preferences >> Contact Information). If you cannot remember your password, did not set the Contact Email Address setting, and cannot log in to the cPanel interface, contact your hosting provider for assistance.
- If you do not specify a contact email address, the system displays a fake email address when you attempt to reset your password. This helps protect users' credentials on your account. This email address appears as a hint in the Contact Email Address text box on the cPanel Login interface. If you wish to reset your password and did not set your contact email address, contact your hosting provider for assistance.
cPanel & WHM allows you to to reset your Subaccount password. The password reset process sends a security code to the contact email address in cPanel's User Manager interface (cPanel >> Home >> Preferences >> User Manager).
To reset your cPanel account password, read our How to Reset a cPanel Account Password documentation.
Reset your Subaccount password
To reset your Subaccount password, perform the following steps:
Navigate to the following location in your browser, where
example.comrepresents your domain name:
- Click Reset Password.
Enter your Subaccount username in the Username text box and click Reset Password.
Enter your contact email address in the Contact Email Address text box and click Send Security Code.
- To resend the security code, click Send Security Code Again.
- You must use the same browser session that you used when you initiated the password reset request.
If you do not specify a contact email address, the system displays a fake contact email address when you attempt to reset your password.
- In the Security Code text box, enter the security code that you received and click Submit.
- Enter your password in the New Password text box, confirm your password, and click Set Password.