- The Reset Password feature for Subaccounts requires cPanel & WHM version 56 or later.
- To use this feature, you must enable the Password Reset for Subaccounts option in WHM's Tweak Settings interface (WHM >> Home >> Server Configuration >> Tweak Settings). If you cannot access to the WHM interface, contact your hosting provider for assistance.
- To use this feature, you must configure the Contact Email Address setting in cPanel's User Manager interface (cPanel >> Home >> Preferences >> Contact Information). If you cannot remember your password, did not set the Contact Email Address setting, and cannot log in to the cPanel interface, contact your hosting provider for assistance.
cPanel & WHM allows you to to reset your Subaccount password. The password reset process sends a security code to the contact email address that you configure in cPanel's User Manager interface (cPanel >> Home >> Preferences >> User Manager).
To reset your cPanel account password, read our How to Reset a cPanel Account Password documentation.
Reset your Subaccount password
To reset your Subaccount password, perform the following steps:
Enter one of the following URLs in your preferred browser:
To use the Reset Password feature, you must access the cPanel Login interface.
— Access cPanel over an encrypted connection with your IP address.
— Access cPanel over an encrypted connection with your domain name.
— Access cPanel over an unencrypted connection with your IP address.
— Access cPanel over an unencrypted connection with your domain name.
- Click Reset Password.
Enter your Subaccount username in the Username text box and click Reset Password.
Enter your contact email address in the Contact Email Address text box and click Send Security Code.
- To resend the security code, click Send Security Code Again.
- You must use the same browser session that you used when you initiated the password reset request.
- In the Security Code text box, enter the security code that you received, and click Submit.
- Enter your password in the New Password text box, confirm your password, and click Set Password.