cPanel & WHM servers require a paid license from cPanel, Inc. in order to function. You must purchase a cPanel license for each cPanel & WHM server that you wish to run.
You can use the following methods to purchase a cPanel & WHM license:
- In recently-installed servers that run cPanel & WHM version 62 and later, if the server displays the Trial License banner, you can purchase a license from within the WHM interface.
- If you are a cPanel Partner with access to Manage2, you can purchase a license from within the Manage2 interface.
- You can also purchase a license from the cPanel Store.
- If you develop plugins or other applications for integration with cPanel & WHM, you may be eligible for a complimentary Developer License. For more information, read our Obtain a cPanel Developer License documentation.
- The refund period for license purchases is five days. If you wish to request a refund for a recently-purchased license, contact cPanel Customer Support.
- This document provides information to purchase a cPanel & WHM license. You can also purchase CloudLinux™ licenses through Manage2 and the cPanel Store, but are not the same as a cPanel & WHM license. You must purchase CloudLinux licenses separately.
Click the tab that corresponds with your preferred purchase method:
Log in to WHM and initiate the license purchase process.
On the server for which you wish to purchase a license, log in to the WHM interface as the
root user or as a reseller account with
- If the Trial License banner does not appear at the top of WHM's Home interface, your server does not use a complimentary 15-day trial license and you cannot use this method to purchase a license.
- WHM users who do not possess
root-level privileges can view the Trial License banner, but cannot use this feature to purchase a license.
In the Trial License banner at the top of the main section of WHM's Home interface, click Purchase a License. A new interface will appear.
Log in to the cPanel Store.
If you have already logged in to your cPanel Store account, the system will request access to this account. Verify that the interface displays the correct cPanel Store username and server name, and then click Allow Access. A new interface will appear.
To log in as a different cPanel Store account, click Sign In as a Different User and perform the necessary steps to log in to the desired cPanel Store account.
Verify and complete your purchase.
When you purchase a license through the WHM interface, the system automatically selects the appropriate license type for your server (Dedicated or VPS) and detects the IPv4 address to license. Currently, you can only purchase monthly licenses through the WHM interface.
For other license types and terms, use a different license purchase method.
Verify your license order, accept the legal agreements, enter or select the desired payment information, and then click Pay Now.
- After the cPanel Store successfully processes your order, a confirmation message will appear, and you will receive an invoice email from the cPanel Store. After you successfully purchase a license, the WHM interface will no longer display the Trial License banner.
- If the cPanel Store experiences problems with your order, an error message will appear. You may receive emails from cPanel Customer Service to help you resolve the issue.
Log in to the cPanel Store.
Navigate to the cPanel Store and click Sign In to log in to or create your cPanel Store account.
- If you do not possess a cPanel Store account, you must create one and then perform the necessary steps to verify your email address before you can purchase a license.
- When you log in to an existing cPanel Store account, the system may prompt you to update your contact information. You must verify this contact information before you continue.
After you successfully log in, click Buy Now under cPanel & WHM for Linux on the Store Home page. A new page will appear.
Select the desired license type and term.
In the Select License Type and Term section, click the desired license type.
- Click Dedicated for licenses for physical servers.
- Click VPS for licenses for virtualized servers.
Then, click the desired license term. The recurring billing amount displays next to each term.
The system automatically prorates prices for the Monthly license term.
- You can see the prorated price in the Order Summary column on the right side of the page and in your shopping cart when you check out.
- Subsequent months will incur the full monthly charge.
The Select License Type and Term section of the cPanel Store.
Enter the IP address to license.
In the Enter IP Addresses section, enter the desired IPv4 address in the Enter the IP Address(es) text box.
- To purchase multiple licenses of the same type and term, click Add another IP address and enter the IP address for each additional server.
- The Annual Loyalty Discounts section displays information about the discounts that we offer for the purchase of multiple licenses. These discounts only apply to annual licenses.
The cPanel Store automatically validates the IP address as soon as it detects that you have entered one.
- If the IP address does not exist in our license system, the Order Summary column will automatically refresh to add the new license.
- If the IP address already exists in our license system but that is not currently licensed, a notification will appear with a link to renew that license. Click Click Here to renew that license instead.
- If the IP address already exists in our license system with a current license, an error message will appear.
After you enter all of the desired IP addresses, click Add to Cart. A new page will appear.
The Enter IP Addresses section of the cPanel Store.
Verify your order.
The Items in Cart page displays all of the items that you added to your shopping cart. Verify that the order includes the correct license type, terms, and IP addresses before you continue.
- To update the license type and term, select the desired type and term from the Item menu.
- To update the IP address, enter the desired IPv4 address in the IP text box and click Update.
After you verify the items in your shopping cart, click Checkout. A new page will appear.
The page displays prorated discounts and loyalty discounts for multiple licenses in green at the bottom of the item list.
The Items in Cart page in the cPanel Store.
Before you can complete the purchase process, you must accept cPanel, Inc.'s legal agreements.
Read these agreements thoroughly, select the End User License Agreement (EULA) checkbox to signify your agreement, and then click Continue.
The Legal Agreements section of the cPanel Store.
Enter payment information and place your order.
In the Payment section, click the tab for your desired payment type, and enter the appropriate information or follow the displayed instructions to complete your payment.
After you enter your payment information, click Place Order. An invoice page will appear, and the system will send a confirmation email.
- Monthly licenses require that you pay with a credit card.
- Many first-time license purchasers will need to provide additional proof of identity in order to complete the purchase process. If your order requires this additional verification, cPanel Customer Support will contact you.
The Payment section of the cPanel Store.
Enter the required license information.
In the Add License interface, use the available text boxes and menus to specify the server's IP address, group, package, and license type and term. Then, click Add License. A confirmation message will appear.