KernelCare automatically updates your system's Linux kernel without the need for a reboot. cPanel & WHM servers allow you to purchase a license for KernelCare from the WHM's Security Advisor (WHM >> Home >> Security Settings >> Security Advisor) interface.
Click the tab that corresponds with your preferred purchase method:
Initiate the license purchase process.On the server for which you wish to purchase a KernelCare license, perform the following steps:
- Log in to WHM as the
rootuser or as a reseller account with
- Navigate to WHM's Security Advisor interface (WHM >> Home >> Security Settings >> Security Advisor).
- In the KernelCare Security alert, click Upgrade to KernelCare. A new interface will appear.
- Your server does not support KernelCare (for example, servers that run Amazon Linux).
- Your hosting provider disabled KernelCare purchases.
- A KernelCare trial license currently exists on your server.
Log in to the cPanel Store.
If you have already logged in to your cPanel Store account, the system will request access to this account. Verify that the interface displays the correct cPanel Store username and server name, and then click Allow Access. A new interface will appear.
Verify and complete your purchase.When you purchase a KernelCare license through the WHM interface, the system automatically selects the appropriate license type for your server and detects the IPv4 address to license. Currently, you can only purchase monthly licenses through the WHM interface.Verify your license order, accept the legal agreements, enter or select the desired payment information, and then click Pay Now.
- After the cPanel Store successfully processes your order, a confirmation message will appear, and you will receive an invoice email from the cPanel Store. After you successfully purchase a license, the KernelCare License banner will no longer display in the WHM interface.
- If the cPanel Store experiences problems with your order, an error message will appear, and you may receive emails from cPanel Customer Service to help you resolve the issue.
InstallationYour server will automatically download and install KernelCare. To verify this, navigate to WHM's Security Advisor interface (WHM >> Home >> Security Settings >> Security Advisor) again and the KernelCare notice will confirm that the installation succeeded.
Enter the required license information.In the Add License interface (Dashboard >> Licenses >> Add License), use the available text boxes and menus to specify the server's IP address, group, license type and term. Then, click Add License. A confirmation message will appear.