You can create additional administrative user accounts in WHM that do not correspond to a cPanel account. This allows your employees to perform the following tasks:
- Review bandwidth reports.
- Reset passwords.
- Configure mailboxes.
- Suspend and unsuspend accounts.
- Manage DNS entries.
Create a WHM user without an associated domain
To create a WHM reseller account without an associated domain, perform the following steps:
In the steps below,
username represents the desired account username.
- Log in as the
rootuser on the server via SSH.
To create a new user, run the following command:
To set a password for the new user, run the following command:
/var/cpanel/resellersfile defines which users are resellers and what permissions those reseller users possess. To create an entry in the
resellersfile that grants the user full permissions and list the user in the WHM interface, run the following command:
root-level permissions to the user. If you grant
root-level access to a reseller, that reseller will have the same privileges as the web server’s administrator.
- Log in to WHM as the
- Navigate to WHM's Edit Reseller Nameservers and Privileges interface (WHM >> Home >> Resellers >> Edit Reseller Nameservers and Privileges).
- Select username from the menu.
- Click Submit.
- Select the checkboxes that correspond to the desired user permissions.
- Click Save.