This document describes how to install the Jekyll web application. The Jekyll application is a static website generator that functions on the Ruby platform.
- cPanel Technical Support does not provide assistance with the steps in this document.
- We recommend that only experienced system administrators perform these steps.
- We are not responsible for any data loss.
- We recommend that you perform the steps in this document via the command line as a cPanel user unless otherwise specified.
- You can also perform these steps in cPanel's Terminal interface (cPanel >> Home >> Advanced >> Terminal) in cPanel & WHM version 72 and later.
- You do not need to register the Jekyll application's configurations in cPanel's Application Manager interface (cPanel >> Home >> Software >> Application Manager).
- In this document,
hyderepresents the application's name.
For more information, read Jekyll's documentation.
Before you begin, make certain that the following EasyApache 4 RPMs exist on your server:
If you enable this module, the system will disable Apache's
If you need to install these RPMs, run the following command as the
To install the
jekyllRuby gems, run the following command as a cPanel user:
If you do not wish to use the
scl utility, perform the following steps to install the
bundler Ruby gem:
Log in to the server as a cPanel user.
Add the following line to your shell's
rcfile (for example,
Log out of your terminal session, and log back in again.
You can also create an additional terminal session.
- Run the
gem install bundler jekyllcommands.
Create your jekyll website.
After you install the
jekyll Ruby gems, create your application. To do this, run the following command in your current directory:
Build and deploy the application.
After you create the application, build the application and deploy it. To do this, change to the
/hyde directory and run the following command:
After you run this command, navigate to the new site in a web browser with the following url:
In this example,
example.com represents your website.
There is no content with the specified labels