This document explains how to set up your Google Drive™ account with backups.
Set up the Google Drive API for your Google account
To create a Google Drive account, visit the Google® Create your Google Account page.
- Navigate to the Google API Manager website.
- In the left navigation menu, click Library.
- Under Google Apps APIs, click Drive API.
Click Create Project, and then click Create. A new menu will appear.
If the new menu does not display, perform the following steps and then proceed to Step 5:
- Click Credentials in the left navigation bar.
Enter your new project name and click Create.
- Click Enable.
Create your account credentials
To set up your account credentials for backups, perform the following steps:
In the side navigation bar, click Credentials.
Click Create credentials.
If you have already created Google Drive account credentials, click Create credentials and then click Help me choose.
- From the Which API are you using? menu, select Google Drive API.
- From the Where will you be calling the API from? menu, select Web Server.
- From the What data will you be accessing? menu, select User Data.
- Click What credentials do I need?.
- In the Create an OAuth 2.0 client ID. text box, enter your desired name.
- In the Authorized redirect URIs text box, enter the
hostnamerepresents your server's hostname.
Click Create. The interface will display your new client ID and client secret.
We strongly recommend that you save these credentials in a secure location. Step 7 of the Create a Google Drive transport procedure requires these credentials.
You can also download a JSON file with your client ID and client secret, or access them in the Credentials section.
- Click Done.
Create a Google Drive transport
If you experience problems when you perform these steps, check your browser's popup blocker. Popup blockers may prevent your ability to perform this task successfully.
To create a Google Drive transport, perform the following steps:
Log in to WHM as a
- Navigate to WHM's Backup Configuration interface (WHM >> Home >> Backup >> Backup Configuration) and scroll to the Additional Destinations section.
- From the Destination Type menu, select Google Drive™.
- Click Create new destination.
- Enter your desired destination name.
Enter the desired folder in which to store backups.
If you do not specify a folder, the system will store backups in the top-level folder.
- Enter your client ID and client secret.
- Click Generate Credentials to generate the credentials file. A new tab will open to allow you to authorize access to your Google Drive data.
- In the Timeout text box, enter the desired timeout duration.
Click Save Destination.
To validate your remote destination, click Save and Validate Destination.