Due to the order in which Apache processes its configuration file, wildcard subdomains may disrupt the functionality of proxy subdomains. We strongly recommend that you use wildcard subdomains only when absolutely necessary, or when you do not need to use proxy subdomains.
Subdomain SSL certificate behavior
When you create an addon domain, parked domain, subdomain, or main domain, the system will attempt to automatically secure that domain with the best-available existing certificate. If no certificate exists, the system will generate a self-signed certificate to secure the new domain.
If AutoSSL is enabled for the account that owns the new domain, the system will add a request for an AutoSSL certificate to secure the new domain and install it when available.
To open the subdomain’s main directory with the File Manager, click the link under Document Root that corresponds to the subdomain that you want to view in the File Manager.
To search through existing domains, perform the following steps:
- Enter the search criteria into the Search text box.
- Click Go.
Results that match your search criteria populates the list.
Modify a subdomain
To modify the document root for a subdomain, perform the following steps:
- Click the notepad icon that corresponds to the subdomain that you want to manage.
- Enter the new file path that you want to use as the document root in the available text text box.
- Click Change.
To enable or disable redirection of a subdomain, perform the following steps:
- Click the Manage Redirection link that corresponds to the subdomain that you wish to manage.
- If you wish to redirect the subdomain, enter the link to which you want to redirect the subdomain in the available text text box.
- Click Save.
- To disable the redirect, click Disable Redirection.
To remove an existing subdomain, perform the following steps:
- Click the Remove link that corresponds to the subdomain that you want to remove.
- Click Yes to confirm that you want to remove the subdomain.
- If you do not want to remove the subdomain, click No.
- This action only removes the subdomain's configuration and entry in this interface. This action does not remove content from the server.
- To remove the subdomain's content, use the File Manager interface (Home >> Files >> File Manager) or your preferred file management method.