This documentation is for cPanel & WHM 11.50 EDGE builds. The "RELEASE" version of our documentation can be found in the 11.48 Documentation space.
Our Installation Guide documentation helps you through the installation process for new cPanel & WHM or cPanel DNSONLY servers. To avoid issues, make certain that you read all of this documentation carefully before you begin the process.
If you have questions, contact our sales team.
Before you install cPanel & WHM or cPanel DNSONLY, you must know the following information:
- We designed our software for commercial hosting. Therefore, we only license publicly visible, static IP addresses. We do not license dynamic, sticky, or internal IP addresses.
- We do not provide an uninstaller. After you install our software, you must reformat the server to remove it.
- Only install cPanel & WHM on a freshly-installed operating system.
- We recommend that you use the cPanel & WHM installer, which installs all of the services that it requires. If you install services before you install cPanel & WHM, you will encounter compatibility issues. When you install your operating system, deselect software package groups such as Gnome, KDE, or other GUI desktop environments.
- You must install a package handler such as yum. Default installations of CentOS and Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® include the yum package handler.
For more information, review the following documentation: