PHP FastCGI Process Manager (PHP-FPM) is an alternative FastCGI daemon for PHP that allows a website to handle high loads. PHP-FPM maintains pools (workers that can respond to PHP requests) to accomplish this. PHP-FPM is faster than traditional CGI-based methods, such as SUPHP, for multi-user PHP environments. It does not overload a system's memory with PHP from Apache processes.
We strongly recommend that you only activate Apache PHP-FPM if your server has at least 2 GB of RAM available, or at least 30 MB of RAM per domain. If you enable PHP-FPM on a server with less than the required RAM, your server may experience severe performance issues.
- LiteSpeed Web Server uses the
lsphpbinary. LiteSpeed Web Server does not use the system's PHP-FPM implementation in WHM's MultiPHP Manager interface (WHM >> Home >> Software >> MultiPHP Manager).
- To monitor applications that use cPanel's internal PHP-FPM, select the Monitor checkbox for the PHP-FPM service for cPanel Daemons service in WHM’s Service Manager interface (WHM >> Home >> Service Configuration >> Service Manager).
Configuration Values of PHP-FPM — This document lists the cPanel PHP-FPM system's configuration settings and their default values.
- PHP-FPM Code and FileSystem Layout for EasyApache 4 — This document explains how to implement PHP-FPM, the filesystem layout of PHP-FPM, and how to adjust PHP versions.
- The php_fpm_config Script — This document explains when and how to use the
- PHP-FPM User Pools — This document explains how to create a user pool with PHP-FPM.