(WHM >> Home >> SQL Services >> Database Map Tool)
This feature allows server administrators to grant ownership of database objects (databases and database users) to a cPanel user. The cPanel user who owns a database can access and manage it through the cPanel interface.
- You can only use this feature to grant ownership of databases that no cPanel account currently owns. You cannot use it to transfer ownership of a database between two cPanel accounts.
- This feature only grants access to databases objects that are already in cPanel's database management system.
Grant ownership to database objects
To grant ownership of a database object or objects to a cPanel user, perform the following steps:
- From the Account Selection menus, select either the domain or username of the cPanel user who will own the databases objects that you specify. You can also use the Account Search By text boxes to search the list by domain or username.
- Click Select. The Update Database Map interface will appear.
- If your server displays multiple options, select the database type for which you wish to grant ownership from the Database type menu.
- In the Database users text box, enter a comma-separated list of database users that you wish for the cPanel user to own.
- In the Database names text box, enter a comma-separated list of databases that you wish for the cPanel user to own.
- Click Submit.