Generate a New Certificate
To generate a self-signed SSL certificate, perform the following steps:
Under the Generate a New Certificate heading, select the key from the Key menu.
If the desired key does not appear in the menu, use the Private Keys feature to add a new private key.
Enter the appropriate information in the Domains, City, State, Company, Company Division, Email, and Description text boxes and the Country menu.
You must enter the Domains, City, State, Country, and Company information.
- Click Generate.
Self-signed certificates are reserved for intranet uses. To secure a public website, we recommend that you purchase and install a certificate from a trusted CA.
Delete a certificate
To delete a certificate, perform the following steps:
- Locate the certificate that you wish to delete in the Certificates on Server table.
- Click Delete for that certificate. A new interface will appear.
- Click Delete Certificates. A success or error message will appear.
Edit and view details about a certificate
To edit a description or view a certificate, perform the following steps:
- Locate the certificate that you wish to edit in the Certificates on Server table.
- Click Edit. A new interface will appear that displays the description, the encoded certificate, and the decoded certificate.
In the Description: text box, enter your changes, and then click Update Description. A success or error message will appear.
To delete the certificate from this interface, click Delete Certificate at the bottom of the interface.
Install a certificate
To install a certificate, click Install in the Actions column under the Certificates on Server heading. For more information, read our Install and Manage SSL for your site HTTPS documentation.