For cPanel & WHM version 68
(WHM >> Home >> DNS Functions >> Synchronize DNS Records)
This feature is useful if you use a DNS cluster, but some servers in the cluster respond to DNS queries with outdated information. This feature compares zone files among servers, recognizes which are the most up-to-date, and updates the servers in the DNS cluster.
Before you begin the synchronization, consider the following questions:
- Do you want to synchronize all of the domains’ zone files, or just one zone file?
- Do you want to update all of the servers in the DNS cluster, or just this server?
To synchronize DNS records, perform the following steps:
- Select the type of synchronization that you wish to perform:
- Synchronize one zone to this server only — The system will copy one updated zone file to this server. Enter the name of the domain that you wish to synchronize in the associated text box.
- Synchronize all zones to this server only — The system will copy all updated versions of local zone files from the other servers in the DNS cluster to this server.
- Synchronize one zone to all servers — The system will copy one updated zone file from one server to all of the other zone files in the DNS cluster. Then, enter the domain name for which you wish to update the zone file in the associated text box.
- Synchronize all zones to all servers— The system will copy updated versions of all of the local zone files to all of the servers in the DNS cluster.
- If you selected Synchronize all zones to this server only or Synchronize all zones to all servers, select the associated Synchronize zones that are not configured on this server checkbox to copy updated versions of all zone files to this server. The system copies all of the zone files, regardless of whether they are local to this server.
- Click Synchronize.