For cPanel & WHM version 68
(WHM >> Home >> cPanel >> Install cPAddons Site Software)
This interface allows you to add and manage cPAddons and vendors. cPAddons are applications that work with cPanel & WHM to perform functions for your users’ websites. Examples of these applications include bulletin boards, online shopping carts, and blogs.
cPanel, Inc. Managed RPMS
We have updated the cPAddons feature to use RPMs to install WordPress®. When you install WordPress through cPAddons with the RPM, you can update WordPress through its own administrative interface. WHM's Install cPAddons Site Software interface discovers, installs, and uninstalls packages with
yum. The cPanel, Inc. managed RPM contains an unaltered WordPress installer package obtained from wordpress.org.
- This interface displays the old cPAddons version of WordPress as: WordPress (legacy)
- To update WordPress (legacy) to the new RPM based WordPress cPAddon, you must back up your existing WordPress content and remove the WordPress (legacy) version. After you remove it, you can then reinstall the new WordPress cPAddon and restore your backup. You must perform this setup for each site that you wish to update to the new RPM-based WordPress cPAddon.
Install a cPAddon
Certain cPAddons contain security-sensitive files, such as files that contain passwords in clear text. cPAddons that exist on the servers that do not use the
mod_suphp modules require additional file permission adjustments to prevent security issues between users. For security reasons, we do not recommend that you install any cPAddons on shared hosting servers without one of these modules.
To install a cPAddon, perform the following steps:
- Select the Installed checkbox next to the cPAddon that you wish to install.
To force all of your installed cPAddons to update, select the Force Refresh of All cPAddon Sources checkbox.
Use this option if you believe that your cPAddons are corrupt.
- Click Update cPAddon Config. A new interface will appear.
- Click Back when the installation completes to return to the Install cPAddons Site Software interface.
The system enables the cPAddons by default for feature lists in WHM’s Feature Manager interface (WHM >> Home >> Packages >> Feature Manager).
- Some cPAddons have low ratings because of security problems that are inherent to PHP code.
- For more information about how to harden your PHP configuration, read our PHP Security Concepts documentation.
Add new vendors
To add cPAddons to the list in this interface, perform the following steps:
- Enter the URL that you obtained from the cPAddon vendor in the Vendor’s Information URL text box.
- To add several vendors at the same time, select the number of URLs that you wish to enter from the Add additional vendor URL fields menu, and then click Add additional URL fields. WHM will display the number of text fields that you requested.
- Click Update Vendors. A new interface will appear.
- When the installation finishes, click Back to return to the Install cPAddons Site Software interface.
Delete a vendor
To delete a vendor, perform the following steps:
- In the Add or Remove Vendors* section of the interface, under the Remove column, select the checkbox for the vendor that you wish to delete.
- Click Update Vendors. The system will display a new interface and a confirmation message.
- Click Back to return to the Install cPAddons Site Software interface.
cPAddon data after deletion
When you remove a cPAddon vendor, the system also removes that vendor's cPAddons and their data.
- If the cPAddon created the database, and no other cPAddons use it, the system drops the database entirely. This includes any user-created tables.
- If the cPAddon that you remove did not create the database, or if another cPAddon currently uses that database, the system only drops the tables that correspond to that cPAddon. This can potentially lead to an empty database on the server.
- We recommend that you delete any other cPAddons that share a database before you delete the cPAddon that initially created the database. If you delete the cPAddon that created the database first, an empty database will remain on the server.
Manually delete empty cPAddon databases in cPanel's MySQL Databases interface (cPanel >> Home >> Databases >> MySQL Databases).