Applications that you create with the following interfaces will not function with the Application Manager interface:
We plan to remove these interfaces in a future cPanel & WHM version.
Register an application
To register an application, perform the following steps:
Click Add Application. A new interface will appear.
- Enter the application's name in the Name text box.
- From the Domain menu, select the main domain, addon domain, or subdomain to which to deploy the Ruby application.
Enter the application's base URL in the Application URL text box. After you register the application, enter this URL in a web browser to access the application.
Enter the filepath, relative to the home directory, for the file where your application's source code resides in the Path to Application text box.
- Click Production or Development to choose the server environment in which the Ruby application runs.
- Click Development if you need to continue to develop your application.
- Click Production if you wish to deploy and use your application.
- If you wish, add environment variables under the Environment Variables heading.
- Click Save Application.
To add environment variables, your system administrator must install the
ea-apache24-mod_env RPM Apache module.
Environment variables allow you to configure the processes that the application runs on multiple systems.
The Environment Variables table contains the following information:
The environment variable's name.
An environment variable name must meet the following criteria:
The environment variable's value.
An environment variable value must contain 1024 or fewer ASCII-printable characters.
Use the links in this column to perform the following actions:
For more information about environment variables, read Passenger's Environment Variables documentation.
Add environment variables
To add an environment variable to the application's configuration file, perform the following steps:
- In the Environmental Variables section, click Add Variable.
Enter the variable's name in the Environment Variable Name text box.
- Enter a value for the variable in the Environment Variable Value text box and click Save.
- Click Save Application.
Edit an application
To edit an application's configuration file, perform the following steps:
- In the table below the Search text box, locate the Ruby application that you wish to change.
- Under the Actions column, click Edit. A new interface will appear.
Make the desired changes.
- Click Save.
Unregister an application
To unregister an application, perform the following steps:
This action deletes an application's configuration file, but does not delete an application.
- In the table below the Search text box, locate the application that you wish to unregister.
- Click Delete. A confirmation message will appear.
- Click Continue to completely unregister the application. A success message will appear.