For cPanel & WHM version 68
(WHM >> Home >>DNS Functions >> Add a DNS Zone)
This feature allows you to set up a DNS zone on your server. A DNS zone is an administrative space or portion of the domain name system. The records in that space direct traffic to the correct locations.
The system creates zone files from a template. To edit the templates that the system uses to create zone files, use WHM's Edit Zone Templates interface (WHM >> Home >> DNS Functions >> Edit Zone Templates).
When you add a domain to your server, WHM automatically configures its DNS zone. You can also use this interface to add DNS zones for remote domains.
Exercise caution when you add a DNS zone. Incorrect DNS data can prevent a visitor's access to a domain.
Create a DNS zone
To add a DNS zone, perform the following steps:
- Under Domain Selection, enter the IP address in the IPv4 Address text box.
- Enter the domain name in the Domain text box.
- If you wish to associate the DNS zone with a specific domain, select that domain from the Associate with Account list.
To search the list, enter a partial domain or username in the Search text box under the Account Search heading.
- You cannot add multiple DNS zones for a single domain.
- If an account appears in the Account Selection section, do not enter that domain in the Domain text box. Use WHM's Edit DNS Zone interface (WHM >> Home >> DNS Functions >> Edit DNS Zone) to modify an existing zone file.
- Click Add Zone.
Troubleshoot DNS zone issues
If you experience difficulties when you add DNS zones through this interface, run the following script from the command line as the