For cPanel & WHM version 66
(Home >> Security Center >> Security Questions)
This interface allows you to update and manage your WHM account's security questions. You can also add verified IP addresses from which you can log in to your WHM account without security questions.
The changes that you make in this interface do not change the security questions for other WHM, cPanel, or Webmail accounts on the server. To require WHM users to answer security questions when they log in, enable the Limit logins to verified IP addresses setting in WHM's Configure Security Policies interface (Home >> Security Center >> Configure Security Policies).
- When you attempt to log in from an unverified IP address and successfully answer your security questions, WHM automatically adds that IP address to the list of verified IP addresses.
- If you configure your own security questions, and then immediately enable the Limit logins to verified IP addresses setting in WHM's Configure Security Policies interface (Home >> Security Center >> Configure Security Policies), WHM automatically adds your IP address to the list of verified IP addresses.
Edit Questions and Answers
To edit the security questions that you must answer when you log in to WHM from an unverified IP address, perform the following steps:
- Click Edit Questions and Answers.
- For each security question that you wish to modify, perform the following actions:
- Select or enter the desired question.
- Enter an answer to the question in the appropriate text box.
- Click Continue. A confirmation message appears.
Add or Remove Recognized IP Addresses
Click Add or Remove Recognized IP Addresses to add, manage, or remove verified IP addresses. When you attempt to log in from a verified IP address, the system does not require you to answer security questions.
To add a verified IP address, enter the IP address that you want to add in the IP text boxes, and click Add.
You may use an asterisk (
*) in the last octet to indicate a wildcard. This allows any IP address in the specified IP address block to skip security questions at login.
- To remove a verified IP address, click Remove next to the IP address that you want to remove.