This document explains how to set up your Google Drive™ account with backups.
Set up the Google Drive API for your Google account
If you need to create a Google Drive account, you can set it up with this Sign Up link.
- Navigate to the Google API Manager website.
- Click Library in the left navigation menu.
- Under Google Apps APIs, click Drive API.
Click Create Project, and then click Create. A new menu will appear.
If this does not display, perform the following alternate steps:
- Click Credentials in the left navigation bar.
Enter your new project name and fill in the appropriate Yes or No responses.
- Click Enable.
Enter your new project name and click Create.
- Click Enable.
Create your account credentials
To set up your account credentials for backups, perform the following steps:
From the side navigation bar, click Credentials and then click Create credentials.
If you have created Google Drive account credentials before, click Create credentials and then click Help me choose.
- Select Google Drive API from Which API are you using?
- Select Web Server from Where will you be calling the API from?
- Select User Data from What data will you be accessing?
- Click What credentials do I need?.
- Enter your desired name in Create an OAuth 2.0 client ID.
- In the Authorized redirect URIs field, enter the
hostnamerepresents your server's hostname.
- Click Create.
The interface will display your new client ID and client secret. We strongly recommend that you write these down in a secure place. You will need these in Step 7 of the Create a Google Drive transport procedure. You can also download a JSON file with your client ID and client secret, or access them in the Credentials section.
- Click Done.
Create a Google Drive transport
To create a Google Drive transport, perform the following steps:
Log in to WHM as a
root-enabled WHM user.
- In WHM's Backup Configuration interface (Home >> Backup >> Backup Configuration), scroll down to the Additional Destinations section.
- In the Destination Type dropdown menu, select Google Drive™.
- Click Create new destination.
- Enter your desired destination name.
Enter your desired folder where you wish to store backups.
If you do not specify a folder, the system will store backups under the top-level folder.
- Enter your client ID and client secret.
- Click Generate Credentials to generate the credentials file. A new tab will appear for you to authorize access to your Google Drive data.
- Enter your desired Timeout duration.
Click Save Destination.
If you wish to validate your remote destination, click Save and Validate Destination.