Set a domain's PHP version
To change an account's PHP version, perform the following steps:
- Select the checkbox for the domain that you wish to change.
- Select the desired version of PHP from the PHP Version menu. To always use the system default, select Inherit.
Click Apply. The system will change the selected domain's PHP version.
The system displays a PHP-FPM enabled (✓) or disabled (×) indicator in the PHP-FPM column for each domain. System administrators can enable or disable PHP-FPM through WHM's MultiPHP Manager interface (Home >> Software >> MultiPHP Manager).
- When you change the PHP version of your domain and FPM is enabled, the system changes your FPM version to match the PHP version. If FPM is not enabled on your domain, the system changes the PHP and FPM versions separately.
Incorrect ownership of an
.htaccess file may cause failures when you change an account's PHP version. Your cPanel account must own the
.htaccess file, and that file must use
Set a domain's PHP-FPM setting
The system may display the following message:
PHP-FPM option is not available because you do not have all required packages installed.
Please use the link below to go to Easy Apache 4 and install these packages before utilizing the PHP-FPM functionality.
This message indicates that your system does not contain one or more of the required PHP-FPM packages. Click Go to EasyApache 4 to install the required PHP-FPM packages. For additional information about the EasyApache 4 interface, read our EasyApache 4 Interface documentation.
To enable or disable an account's PHP-FPM setting, perform the following steps:
- Select the checkbox next to the domain that you wish to change.
Select the desired PHP-FPM setting from the PHP-FPM menu. To always use the system default, select Inherit.
- Select On to activate PHP-FPM or Off to deactivate it.
- Click Apply.
To select all of an account's PHP-FPM settings, perform the following steps:
- Select the checkbox to the left of Domain. This selects all of the domain's accounts in the list.
- Select On to activate PHP-FPM for all selected domains or Off to deactivate it.
Set a domain's pool options
To set a domain's pool options, perform the following steps:
Click Pool Options next to your desired domain. The system will display the following options and their defaults and limits:
Pool Options Default Limit Max Children
Process Idle Timeout (s)
If you set your PHP version to Inherit, the system will not allow you to set PHP-FPM or pool options. You must select a PHP version other than Inherit and set PHP-FPM to On to access pool options.
Enter your desired options for
Process Idle Timeout (s), and
Click Save. The system will display the following success message: Successfully applied PHP-FPM Pool options to the selected domain.