For cPanel & WHM version 58
(Home >> Account Functions >> Terminate an Account)
This feature allows you to terminate an account.
When you terminate an account, the system permanently deletes its data from the server. You cannot undo this action.
Terminate an account
To terminate an account, perform the following steps:
- Select the account that you wish to terminate.
- Use the Account Search feature to search for an account by domain or by user.
- To keep the DNS zones for a terminated account, select the Keep DNS Zone checkbox.
- Click Terminate.
Termination and DNS zones
When you terminate an account, you can choose to keep its DNS zone. This option is useful if, for example, you moved the account to a different server that is a part of the same DNS cluster. To do this, select the Keep DNS Zone checkbox.
- If you keep the DNS zone, you will not be able to add those domains to any server in the DNS cluster, either as the primary domain for a new account or as an addon domain. If you mistakenly keep the DNS zone, remove the zone files from the new server in WHM's Delete a DNS Zone interface (Home >> DNS Functions >> Delete a DNS Zone).
- If you do not select the Keep DNS Zone checkbox, the system will remove the zone file. If you mistakenly remove the DNS zone, recreate the zone files on the new server in WHM's Add a DNS Zone interface (Home >> DNS Functions >> Add a DNS Zone).