For cPanel & WHM version 11.52
This section allows you to configure nameservers. Nameservers populate your server's DNS information throughout the Internet to allow visitors to access websites on your server.
Select the nameserver software that you wish to use. You can choose BIND, MyDNS, NSD, or Disabled.
- For more information about each option, review the information in the Advantages, Disadvantages, and Notes text boxes.
- This option defaults to BIND. The BIND nameserver software is adequate for most servers.
- If you use a remote nameserver, select Disabled.
Choose the nameservers that domains on this server will use
To configure your nameservers properly, make certain to complete the following steps:
- Obtain two IP addresses from your datacenter. You must have one IP address for each nameserver.
- Register your nameservers with the name registrar that you used to register your domain name. For more information, read our How to Set Up Nameservers in a cPanel Environment documentation.
- Ask your data center to set up reverse DNS pointers.
Enter your nameservers in the Nameserver 1, Nameserver 2, Nameserver 3, and Nameserver 4 text boxes.
You must enter at least two nameservers. Additional nameservers prevent downtime if your first two nameservers experience problems.
Add A Entries for Nameservers & Hostname
A entries are records on your server that resolve domain names to their IP addresses.
To add A entries, perform the following steps:
- Select the Add "A Entries" for all Nameservers checkbox.
- Enter the IP addresses for each of your nameservers in the text box that corresponds to that nameserver.
- Select the Add "A Entries" for Hostname checkbox if you wish to add an A entry for your server's hostname.
- If you selected the Add "A Entries" for Hostname checkbox, enter the IP address for your server in the IP for Entry text box.
Save and continue
Click Save & Go to Step 5.
To return to Step 3, click Go Back.