For cPanel & WHM version 11.50
(Home >> Software and Services)
The following documents describe cPanel's Software and Services features.
- CGI Center — The Common Gateway Interface (CGI) allows a web server to run pieces of software called scripts. The CGI Center interface provides CGI scripts that allow you to set up a guestbook, clock, hit counter, countdown clock, and banner ads.
- Site Software — The Site Software interface allows you to add useful software to your website. Your hosting provider controls which software is available.
- Perl Modules— The Perl Modules interface allows you to add and manage Perl modules.
- PHP PEAR Packages — The PHP PEAR and Packages interface allows you to add and manage PHP packages.
- PHP Configuration — The PHP Configuration interface displays information about your server's PHP configuration.
Optimize Website — The Optimize Website interface automatically compresses content on your website when visitors request that content.
Ruby on Rails — The Ruby on Rails® interface allows you to create and deploy a Ruby on Rails application.
Your system administrator must install Ruby on Rails on your server for the Ruby on Rails interface to appear in the cPanel interface.
- Ruby Gems — The RubyGems interface allows you to find, install, or distribute Ruby programs and libraries that are in the self-contained "gem" format.