For cPanel & WHM 11.46
(Home >> Preferences >> Change Password)
This feature allows you to change your cPanel account’s main password.
To change your password, you must know your original password.
Use a secure password. A secure password is not a dictionary word and contains uppercase and lowercase letters, numbers, and symbols.
To change your password, perform the following steps:
- Enter the original password in the Old Password text box.
- Enter and confirm the new password in the appropriate text boxes.
- The system grades the password that you enter on a scale of 100 points. 0 indicates a weak password, while 100 indicates a very secure password.
- Some web hosts require a minimum password strength. A green password Strength meter indicates that you met the required password strength.
- Click Password Generator to generate a strong password. For more information, read our Password Generator documentation.
Select the Synchronize MySQL password checkbox if you wish to use the same password for both MySQL® and the cPanel account.
This option is only available if the
.my.cnffile is present in the user's home directory.
- Select Enable Digest Authentication to enable Digest Authentication support.
- This option allows you to access your Web Disk through a clear text connection or an unencrypted connection.
- If you use Windows Vista®, Windows® 7, or Windows® 8 and you do not have an SSL certificate that a recognized certificate authority has signed, you must enable Digest Authentication.
- Click Change your password now! to save the new password.
If you use this feature to change your password, your main FTP account password and system email address password will also change.