For cPanel & WHM 11.44
(Home >> Account Functions >> Terminate an Account)
Terminate an account to completely remove it from your server.
When you terminate an account, its data is permanently deleted from the server. You will not be able to undo this action.
Terminate an account
To terminate an account, perform the following steps:
- Select the account that you wish to terminate.
- You may use the Account Search feature to search for an account by domain or by user.
- If you want to keep the DNS zones for a terminated account, select the Keep DNS Zone check box.
- Click Terminate.
Termination and DNS zones
When you terminate an account, you can choose to keep its DNS zone. This option is useful if, for example, you moved the account to a different server that is a part of the same DNS cluster. To do this, check the Keep DNS Zone box.
- If you keep the DNS zone, you will not be able to add those domains to any server in the DNS cluster, either as the primary domain for a new account or as an addon domain. If you mistakenly keep the DNS zone, you can remove the zone files on the new server in WHM's Delete a DNS Zone interface (Home >> DNS Functions >> Delete a DNS Zone).
- If you do not select Keep DNS Zone, the zone will be removed. If you mistakenly remove the DNS zone, you will need to recreate the zone files on the new server in WHM's Add a DNS Zone interface (Home >> DNS Functions >> Add a DNS Zone).