For cPanel & WHM 11.40
(Home >> Service Configuration)
This feature enables you to configure a number of services. Services, most often, run as daemons in the background of your web server. Daemons often appear as processes whose names end with ‘d’; for example,
sshd is the name of the SSH application.
- Apache Configuration — This collection of features allows you to configure Apache. Apache functions as your web server software, handling HTTP requests.
- Bandmin Password — Bandmin is a set of Perl scripts designed to monitor and log bandwidth usage by IP. To access Bandmin, you can type
www.example.com/bandwidthinto your web browser (where
example.comis meant for your domain name).
- Configure PHP and suEXEC — This feature allows you to change Apache’s PHP handlers configuration, PHP version, and enable or disable the suEXEC program.
- cPanel Log Rotation Configuration — This feature allows you to decide which cPanel log files should be manipulated by cPanel’s
- cPanel Web Disk Configuration — This interface allows you to configure or edit the TLS/SSL Cipher List for Web Disk.
- cPanel Web Services Configuration — This interface allows you to configure or edit the TLS/SSL cipher list for cPanel web services (cPanel, WHM, and webmail).
- Exim Configuration Manager — This set of features helps configure Exim. Exim is a mail transfer agent included with cPanel. Mail transfer agents are responsible for sending and receiving email messages.
- FTP Server Configuration — This feature allows you to tailor your FTP server’s behavior to your preferences.
- FTP Server Selection — This feature allows you to select an FTP server daemon to use, or to disable FTP.
- Mailserver Configuration — This set of features will let you configure the POP3and IMAP protocols used by Courier and Dovecot. Courier and Dovecot are the rwo mail servers offered by cPanel.
- Mailserver Selection — This feature allows you to choose whether you wish to enable Courier or Dovecot as your mail server. Additionally, you may disable IMAP and POP3 servers.
- Manage Service SSL Certificates — Using this interface in WHM, you are able to access a number of features to install new certificates to your web server or reset your server’s certifications (clear the certificates).
- Nameserver Selection — This feature allows you to select BIND or NSD as your nameserver software, or to disable the nameserver. It is recommended that you do not start your nameservers unless you plan to use them.
- PHP Configuration Editor — PHP is a scripting language that takes code as input to generate web pages. You are able to use the WHM interface to configure your PHP settings. Your users will be able to view this PHP information in their cPanel’s PHP Configuration section. There are 2 versions of the PHP configuration editor: a basic one that is opened by default when this feature is accessed, and an advanced editor that can be accessed by clicking the Switch to Advanced Mode button at the top of the screen.
- Service Manager — The Service Manager is a list of daemons that can run on your server. This feature allows you to select which daemons you would like to enable and which of the enabled daemons you would like to monitor.