For cPanel & WHM 11.40
(Home >> Databases >> Remote MySQL)
Databases in cPanel can be accessed remotely by other web servers. This can be useful if you want to allow applications such as shopping carts or guestbooks on your other servers to access the databases.
To specify remote servers able to access MySQL databases on your server:
- Type the host’s name or IP address into the Host field.
- You may enter a fully qualified domain name (FQDN) or an IP address.
- You may use % as a wildcard. For instance, to allow access from all IP addresses beginning with
192.68.0, you can enter
- Click Add Host.
To disallow a host from accessing databases on your server:
- Click the X icon next to the host’s name or IP address.
- If you are sure you want to prevent the server from accessing your databases, click Yes.