For cPanel & WHM 11.40
(Home >> Packages >> Feature Manager)
This interface allows you to edit feature lists that you can assign to accounts.
These feature lists provide or prevent access to specific cPanel features.
The predefined feature lists
There are two predefined feature lists in the system. They are the default and disabled feature lists.
- If you disable a feature in the default feature list, it will be disabled by default for all of the users on your server. You can override this by creating and assigning a new list to your users.
- If you disable a feature in the disabled feature list, it will be disabled for all of the users of the system with no option to override.
Creating a feature list
To create a new feature list:
Enter the name that you wish to use for the feature list into the Feature List Name field.
NoteChoose a name that will be easy to remember so that it can be properly assigned.
- Click Add.
- Click the checkbox to select the features you wish to disallow.
- Click Save.
Editing a feature list
To edit an existing feature list:
- Use the Edit a Feature List menu to select the feature list that you would like to edit.
- Click Edit.
- Click the checkbox to select the features you wish to allow or disallow
- Click Save.
Disabled features will not have a checkmark in their checkboxes. Uncheck a feature in the disabled feature list to disable the feature for all of the users on the system.
Deleting a feature list
To remove an existing feature list:
- Use the Delete a Feature List menu to select the feature list that you would like to remove.
- Click Delete.
Adding a feature list to a package
A feature list must be added to a package using WHM’s Edit a Package function, or when creating a package using the Add a Package function. You can then assign the package to an account using the List Accounts feature. (A feature list cannot be added directly to an account.)
Under the Settings heading, you will find the Feature List menu. To assign the list to the package simply select it from the menu and save the changes.
Notes about specific features
Virus Scanner — To use this feature, you must have
Update Contact Information — This option lets you enable or disable the cPanel Update Contact Info screen.
Update Notification Preferences — This option lets you enable or disable the following 3 fields on the cPanel Update Contact Info screen:
- Send notifications to your contact email address when you are reaching your disk quota.
- Send notifications to your contact email address when you are reaching your bandwidth usage limit.
- Send notifications to your contact email address when one of your email accounts approaches or is over quota.